Saturday, October 9, 2010

Does Anyone Really Care?

One of the top stories on Yahoo this week went something like this:
"Khloe and Kim Kardashian are spotted just days apart in the same form-fitting frock. Who wore it best?"


To quote the great rock group Chicago, "Does Anyone Really Care?" This is what concerns America? More than anything, I think this obsession with celebrity signifies the absolute meltdown of intellectual pursuit in the U.S.

Come, on, really, does ANYONE out there really care? And if you do, PLEASE explain why!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What I find interesting is that Bruce Jenner is their step-father. I only know that because I happened to be researching American culture when I was still teaching and found a photo that had Jenner alongside one of the women. Great song, by the way. The band started out in my neighborhood many decades ago.

And about America. I was just explaining to a friend here in Bali how even when I think that no one could possibly say something as idiotic as an Indonesian minister of state, I just have to watch CNN to see some American politican top even our most clueless politicans here.

In a country where a substantial part of the populatio has become obsessed with believing that the president is secretly a Kenyan, nothing suprises me anymore.

John Stiles said...

Ain't it the truth. Thanks, Bruce!

Unknown said...

I care. And I won't stop caring because of this mindlessness.