Saturday, August 6, 2011

Night Market

Every now and then I get together with my good friend Jeff Harper (former colleague at the American School in London, now, happily, in Bangkok [counselor at ISB, and photographer extraordinaire]) for a walkabout in a Thai market, followed by a most satisfying session of the best live blues in Asia in an adjoining night club, Saxophone. This time we were accompanied by friends, one of whom was visiting from New York City, and one of the best photographers I know, Ed Haynsworth. To view exceptional photos by both of these fine photographers, go to the following links:

http://www.edhaynsworth.com/
http://drjeffbangkok.squarespace.com

Following are some of the scenes I happened across. The ever-changing market bubbles with energy and activity, giving a glimpse into Thai life. As we shared our photos, we quickly realized that none of us had taken the same shots as the others, despite criss-crossing the buzzing marketplace numerous times.






I think I found half of the remaining pay phones in Thailand.

3 comments:

Ed Haynsworth said...

Some great shots here John! I especially like the one of the old woman who was begging. It was an interesting and enjoyable exorcise scouring the market as a group...I've never done that before. I think it upped my energy level in looking for great images. Thanks for the positive if not over-rated plug on my photography.

John Stiles said...

Looking forward to seeing more great shots as you travel around Asia!

CoConnell said...

Always interesting to see how others see things. I have always liked giving a camera to a little kid. Their eye-level view is so different and sometimes very entertaining!