Saturday, July 10, 2010

Images of America #4: Utah

Southern Utah hosts an amazing array of geological formations. One could spend weeks exploring their unique nature. Unfortunately, I could spend only half a day as I headed east on my trek to New England. I hadn't been back for 35 years. It is still a magical place.

Mexican Hat. I was hoping I would be the only witness when it finally fell. Not this time.



An odd bit of Americana: A 5,000 square ft. house IN the giant rock!

Arches National Park


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Pics. That "Hole In The Rock" sign is priceless in it's respect for the natural beauty! How wonderful to be so used to such scenery that a large sign can be exceptional within some discursive to you . . . "since there is already a house here, and since we have junk laying around, and since there are old desert signage conventions . . . why not!"